Friday, March 13, 2009

What a shocker...

Josh is actually coming home EARLY! What a surprise! He told me this morning that he was going to be heading back the next morning because they have completed their task, met their quota, etc... Whatever- the point is.... he's actually going to be home early this trip instead of the usual "later than planned" arrivals. And I'm not talking about just hours - I'm talking DAYS! I'm in shock and it's two days next week that I don't have to inconvenience everyone else around me by having someone come let Daisy out during the day and keep Tyler way past normal hours. Everything seems to run smoother when Josh is home. I get a few peaceful moments to shower, I can actually use the restroom with the door shut, I don't have to let Daisy out to potty when Tyler is all calm and almost asleep on my lap, AND I don't have to be the only one changing diapers. I'm sure there are many many many other things that I could mention, but those are the clear "winners".

Tonight, my plan is to get home and hopefully get finished packing up for the weekend in record time. My goal is to be on the road by 8:30 which puts me at Mom and Dad's around noon. That is assuming that no blue-hairs get in my way and construction doesn't cause slow-ups (not to mention the po-po) Now, in order for this to be realistic, I need to get myself up at 7:30 to shower, pack up the car and get Tyler up by 8:00 so I can dress him, get him breakfast, and out to the car. I'll be taking Daisy with me - she obviously doesn't require much packing, but I need to hunt up the leash that I discovered a couple days ago is no longer in the car! (Dreya and I went for a walk earlier this week and Daisy would not have been able to go along because none of the 100 leashes (exaggeration) that we have were in the car where I usually keep at least one. Lucky for Daisy, Dreya had one at her house.) Anyway - SO, that is just one more thing I need to remember to do tonight.

SOOO - I'm thinking sleep will not come at a very early hour. However, with the way things have been going, I won't fall asleep until 11:30 no matter how early my head hits the pillow. Alas - I'd like to think that Josh not being there has nothing to do with it, but it just may. Not for the fact that of him not being there physically with me, but for the fact that I think he has me so used to falling asleep with the TV on. Dammit. That wretched TV. I wish I didn't even have it in the bedroom, but a certain someone won't let me take it out. Probably because that certain someone can't fall asleep without it and obviously now has me sucked in, too. I was originally blaming it on the time change, sometimes blaming it on the possible consumption of an early afternoon cup of coffee or other caffeinated beverage, or the pondering over paint colors, but I was only kidding myself. I refuse to leave the boob tube on after I roll over. And so sleep will not come at an early hour for reasons other than a lot of things to accomplish before hitting the sack...

No comments:

Post a Comment