Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Next week, we go for our next ultrasound. We're not 100% sure, but we are leaning towards finding out the gender this time around. Hopefully the little one will cooperate with us! The pregnancy is going along pretty well. I've started feeling relief from the nausea a few weeks after Thanksgiving. It just gradually became less and less. I have also not had much heartburn lately, either. However, I'm still fairly tired and LOVE to go to bed early and sleep in as late as possible. It's just a big shame that Tyler doesn't really take a nap for me anymore, because I used to look forward to getting an afternoon nap. He still takes a little one at the sitter, because I have to get him up early on those days.

Tyler had a big Christmas this year - lots and lots of toys. We have pretty much put away everything else he had and has out just the things he got for Christmas. When I get the chance, I'll have pictures posted on our website of Tyler and his loot!

Also, I've been having to put away some of his 24mo pants. There is a great discrepancy in the length of the pants, so only the longer pairs remain in the closet. We tried putting some 3T jeans on him and they just fell off. I even had the little adjustable straps pulled pretty tight. They were also much much longer than the 24mo/2T pants he has. For now, he's going to wear a bunch of sweats since they have elastic cuffs to keep him from dragging his pants. I also got out some 24mo long sleeve shirts from the tub that I didn't think would fit him this year... They are a little shorter than the 3T shirts he's been wearing, but they aren't bad. Again, discrepancy in lengths again - I just got out the longer shirts. SO - his wardrobe got bigger by about 4 shirts. Not sure what he'll be wearing this summer - I put away the 24mo shorts, but the length is not really a problem there - it'll be moreso the waist size. They make little boy shorts way too long anyway! They are practically like wearing capri pants!

Tyler's potty training has been in a serious stand-still. He peed on the potty once (I think by accident) probably a month ago. He thinks the toilet is for farting - which he does pretty well when he's on it. Just last night he got out of the tub and was making grunting noises and said "too stuck" which he says when he's trying to poop on the potty.... I had him sit on the potty and all he did was fart. Oh well - at least he gets THAT part of it. When we forget to change his diaper for awhile and he overflows his diaper, he asked to be changed, so we're thinking that putting him in the washable training pants might be worth a try to get him going since he apparently doesn't like to be wet! I'm waiting to have a free weekend to give it a try, so Josh can help out with it, too. We'll see how it goes! I'd LOVE for him to be out of diapers by June.

We are on probably day 7ish of snow. We don't have a whole lot of accumulation for having 7 days of snow, but I think I heard on the news yesterday that we had around 8 inches of the white stuff on the ground. I would like to take a ruler outside to verify that, but it's just not high on my priority list!

Just a few days after Christmas, Daisy turned 4 years old... it's amazing she's been with us that long... which also marks that we've been in our house 4 years this coming March. THAT really surprises me that it's been so long... AND I graduated 4 years ago this coming May with my bachelors. It felt like I was in school FOREVER and I hope I don't ever have to return! And while we are dating things - Tyler will be 3 in July and we will have been married 8 years in August! (I skipped over my birthday on purpose! I don't need to point out that I'm getting older! haha!)

We rearranged the living room furniture this past week after taking down the tree. Basically just switched the TV and the big red chair, so I can't say it was a massive re-arrange, but it's different enough to make it feel like a whole new room! No, I didn't do any of the heavy lifting... just directed where things were to go!

I'm looking into getting a digital SLR in the coming months - leaning towards a Sony Alpha 300. I'm looking for something that has an ISO of at least 3200 to give a better chance at getting a good picture in low-light situations, I enjoy the tiltable viewing screen, and I like the feature of them using a different sensor for the live-view so it doesn't make the auto focus slower when taking a picture (others need to move the mirror inside to take the picture using live view). The only feature I wish it had was the ability to record video, but that's not a huge requirement since we have a video camera already, but I don't like the recording media (the little tapes) and I found it convienent being able to use my point and shoot for pictures and video (which is how I took most of my video clips of Tyler) Oh well - I still have some more research to do, but if anyone has suggestions and/or things to think about - then let me know!

Hopefully it won't take me 2 months to post again - but I'm not making promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment