Let me get you up to speed briefly on a few things... in no particular order.
We spent a week out on Colorado in August - Josh and his brothers did a 100 mile mountain bike race called "Leadville Trail 100" with Lance Armstrong. How exciting! They all finished, which is quite a feat in itself. Tyler did well on the trip out (we drove through the night) but got a little antsy on the drive back towards the end of the second day (we didn't drive through the night)
Josh did another bike race (cyclocross) this past weekend in Cleveland. We didn't know exactly how to get to where the race was, but managed (even through all the pedestrian traffic 20 minutes to the Browns' game kickoff) He did well - I'll have pictures posted on the website soon.
Tyler gained a couple more cousins - Lauren Rose born July 18, and Grant Matthew born July 26. He gets a little jealous when Mommy holds them.
Tyler's birthday party went well - Great Grandma Basinger even came out to celebrate!
Tyler has his halloween costume for this year already - from eBay. I'll keep it a surprise on here until I get some pictures of him in it.
The baby crib is officially taken apart and stored downstairs - Tyler has been in the big boy bed for about a week now. I decided to give it a try one night when he wailed as I laid him half-asleep in his crib. I picked him up and put him in the twin bed and he stopped crying and fell asleep. He did really well - slept all night without rolling out - for two night's straight. Then, we had visitors, and he didn't do super-well, b/c he rolled out both nights, but didn't wake up in the process. I let him sleep on the floor after rolling out. Then, he slept without rolling out again for two nights. Next step... potty training! I haven't been in much of a hurry in getting that started, but I'm thinking about doing it in the next month or so. I have some borrowed books and washable training pants to get things going.
Well, I think that might be just about it for catching up on the bigger news around the Hoblet Household. We're looking forward to the fall - watching the leaves change, going to the pumpkin patch, dressing up for Halloween, and watching Buckeyes football (too bad the game against USC didn't end well, but that won't be a sign of things to come, right?) The cooler weather can't be all bad, either - although we haven't really had a hot summer to start with. Hopefully this winter won't be super cold!
Twin Tie Dye Sweatshirts
5 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment