Yesterday was a lot of fun... Tyler woke up late (9:30am yea!) but that "yea" was short-lived. I went to change his diaper and he must have pooed during the night because half of it was dried and stuck to his poor butt and underneath was some pretty nasty diaper rash. He wasn't too happy with me cleaning him up. He didn't want to eat anything for breakfast, so I thought his teeth must be bothering him. I did notice that his gums on the one side were a little swollen the night before. SO, I gave him some Tylenol and some milk. Well, after an hour, he was still crying, so I gave him Motrin. When that kicked in, he was better. I tried to give him something to eat again, and he wanted nothing to do with it and started crying again. So I gave up and gave him something to drink. He took a nice nap in the afternoon and woke up like nothing ever happened. He ate dinner and had a snack in the evening. SO - I don't know exactly what that was all about!
Today when I dropped him off at the sitter's, he just ran into the other room to play and didn't even look back. He was crying every day when I leave him for the past couple months. It only would last a few minutes, but today- nothing. I was actually slightly upset about it - like my little baby didn't care that I was leaving him for the day. I guess he's just growing up and starting to get out of the separation anxiety phase.
I'm currently on the hunt for shoes for Tyler. I measured his foot with the help of the at-home measuring tool on the stride rite website. I confirmed what I suspected: Tyler has wide feet. Actually, it's more like fat feet, but regardless, normal shoes are hard for him to wear. I have discovered that it is hard to find an inexpensive pair of wide shoes, so I may end up buying them from zappos.com or the stride rite store. I don't think I can keep wearing his fake crocs on him all winter long! His toes might get a little cold!
Twin Tie Dye Sweatshirts
5 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment